As federal and state authorities have developed new tools to address allegedly unfair business practices, we have developed expertise in both plaintiff- and defense-side matters, defending business practices where appropriate and also helping consumers and Attorneys General develop cases.
- Represented retail bank in connection with New York Attorney General investigation involving allegedly fraudulent practices concerning health care credit card. After internal investigation demonstrating that many of New York Attorney General’s allegations were unfounded, settlement was achieved.
- Represented international retailer in connection with New York Attorney General investigation of alleged violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act. After substantive investigation and report concerning conditions within client’s facilities, settlement was achieved.
- Represented retail store in connection with alleged sales of illegal products. Obtained favorable settlement, which included a small fine and implementation of additional compliance procedures.
- Represented big-box retailer in connection with Nassau County District Attorney probe of “Black Friday” incident, concerning whether business practices caused worker’s death. Civil settlement reached.
- Represented direct endorsement lender in connection with Department of Justice probe over allegedly fraudulent loan origination practices. Consent order signed as part of settlement.